Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Rocker's Girly Song

This week's theme is about Mariah Carey's songs. Mariah's always been known for her wide range and her famous whistle. So who did better this week? According to the judges, the boys dominated and took over. I might as well agree with their comments. But even though the boys took over, I think everybody stood up. almost everybody. To start off, David Archuleta started the show with a bang. The judges loved it. And thought it was one of the best performances of the night. Ok, I will not go into full details. Let me just summarize the show and tell you how it went. I would have to say everybody did a good job. Even Kristy sang her song well. But still, it wasn't enough to put her to safety. Finally, she was eliminated as I predicted on my past posts. I think the people voted the right idols with Kristy and Brooke at the bottom two. I even thought that Brooke's the next one to go with her solo performance. She seemed to be nervous as you can really see that she wasn'tt confident and she, playing the piano, didn't help at all.

So Kristy was eliminated. Enough about the elimination. I'd like to talk about the person who stood out. Who would have thought, that a pure rocker would sing a Mariah Carey song? And not just any Mariah Carey song, but the song "Always be my baby". The title doesn't sound like it should be sung by a rocker. But David Cook proved us wrong. He didn't only change the song, but he owned it. And for the first time, Randy stood up on his seat. This performance reminded me of another singing contest. If you saw "Rock Star: INXS", you would probably notice the same situation where Marty Casey, a pure rocker, sang the song "Hit me baby one more time" by Britney Spears. And I love that performance. As of now, I would pick the two Davids to win this season, David Archuleta and David Cook.

Here are the videos of two rockers of different shows singing an unusual rock song:

David Cook - Always Be My Baby




Marty Casey - Hit Me Baby One More Time

0 comments:

Photobucket
PPP Direct