Thursday, September 23, 2010

The New American Idol Judges


It's official: After months of shakeups and rumors, American Idol announced in a live press conference this afternoon that Aerosmith's Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and mainstay Randy Jackson would serve as judges for Idol's 10th season. The show returns to Fox in January. Idol producers also revealed that Interscope Geffen A&M chairman and record producer Jimmy Iovine would serve as a mentor to the new batch of contestants. Since season nine, judges Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi have all exited the program, leading to rumors of Chris Isaak, Shania Twain, Elton John and Justin Timberlake as replacements.

"I've been on tour for most of my life in a band with four guys who judge me every day," Tyler said in a statement. "Sometimes it hurt, but it only made me stronger. I want to give everybody a little love before I decide who goes home heartbroken. If you don't like what I say, don't get mad, get better."

Tyler's band mates in Aerosmith all but confirmed that he would be joining Idol; Tyler himself said "I'm doing it" when asked in early August. Tyler's role on the show throws the future of Aerosmith in question, but it's clear that the singer will finally be focusing on "Brand Tyler". He also plans to release his first ever solo single, "Love Lies," next month.

0 comments:

Photobucket
PPP Direct